Saturday, December 24, 2011

New US citizen

We have arrived in San Francisco and are awaiting our flight to Portland. Being a Hague I800 adoption, our arrival in the US makes Faith automatically a US citizen. We are pleased that all three of our littles have arrived in the US via the port of San Francisco. Here's hoping the paperwork is processed properly this time. (Melinda's paperwork was filed rather than processed when she arrived. Many visits to USCIS and Social Security were required to get that mess straightened
out!)

All three did really well on the long flight over the Pacific. Everyone slept a little. Faith has remained cheerful and excited throughout our journey out of China. I continue to be amazed at what a trooper she continues to be as her world transforms before her eyes.

1 comment:

  1. I adopted my second son, fifth child last January 2011, and found myself feeling the exact samethings. I has taken me longer to attach to him than my other children, I have no reason why. He overall has done well, and is a sweet loving child...but as you worded it...from the beginning I too just felt a degree of mourning and almost irritability at alot of things my head and heart knew where normal. I pray this will pass quickly for you, but reach out/share/and know it's ok and happens to others if it DOESN'T pass quickly!! Free free to get in touch!!

    ReplyDelete