Monday, December 13, 2010

Memorial Box Monday

Some weeks ago I was moved to participate in the 'Generous Life 90-day challenge' - to tithe for 90 days and see if God doesn't heap more blessings upon you than what you have given away. Payday was Friday. On Sunday I put my first tithe in the church offering plate.

Here you need a little background...
My husband has been a stay at home dad to our two young children since early 2009. Earlier this year, after a year of being home with her Dad, our youngest started pre-school and hubby started looking for a new job. He's been looking without success for 7 months. Money has been really tight for us with just one income. We sold our house and moved to a tiny duplex so we could live on just my salary. We cut back and cut out to stay within our smaller means. Adding a tithe to the monthly expenses was really a leap of faith. But felt God nudging me to trust Him. And so, back to the story....

So on Sunday I put my tithe in the offering plate. On Tuesday my husband received a job offer. God multiplied my tithe more than I can even calculate! I gave God my meager tithe and God gave us a 100% new salary where there had been zero. How incredible is that?! In just TWO DAYS God poured out generosity upon us. Our God is an awesome God!

1 comment: